Tampa Bay Tech is one of the nation’s oldest and largest technology councils, representing a community of 57,000+ technology workers, making it one of the top 25 largest tech hubs in North America.
Established in 2000, Tampa Bay Tech (formerly known as the Tampa Bay Technology Forum) is Florida’s largest technology council.
Tampa Bay Tech’s strategy is to build the world’s most radically connected tech hub.
We are serving this strategy through this site, by producing a slate of annual content under the poweredUP Tampa Bay Tech brand, and organizing hundreds of interest-level gatherings per year in conjunction with our Board of Directors, CIO Council, Tampa Bay Tech Software CEOs, Emerging Tech Leaders of Tampa Bay, RNG Tampa Bay, Meetup cooperative and community partners.
Vision: Tampa Bay is recognized as the world’s most radically connected technology hub, with Tampa Bay Tech recognized as the engine, fostering a robust workforce pipeline and a widespread pride in the community.
Mission: To empower the world’s most radically connected technology hub, in partnership with Tampa Bay’s largest and fastest-growing tech companies and their value-chain partners.
- Leadership: We are visionary, progressive and forward-thinking.
- Collaboration: We are inclusive, open and relationship-focused.
- Storytelling: We are hard-working, actively engaged and fanatical about tech.
- We, together, made the second poweredUP Tampa Bay Tech Festival an even larger and more exciting event than last year, with 35 speakers and over 1,200 registered attendees.
- We, together, celebrated our 15th Annual Tampa Bay Tech Awards, honoring the best our community has to offer, including bestowing our 125th award, for Community Leadership and Dedication, to Tom Wallace with Florida Funders.
- We, together, produced, partnered on and/or sponsored over 780 total tech events, reaching 20,000+ attendees, and providing more than $175,000 in sponsorship to our regions students, startups and you, our members (promoted, in large part through the nation’s first, regional Meetup cooperative). We, together, also launched peer groups for the region’s Software Founder/CEOs and Emerging Tech Leaders.
- We, together, shared in excess of 6,000 pieces our members’ content to more than 1.5 million sets of eyeballs, including through and with our newest media partner: St. Pete Catalyst.
- We, together, supported $5.9 million in regional technology workforce grant programs, hundreds of technology workers impacted by layoffs, 30+ H1B applications, dozens of academic advisory boards and the newly re-launched RNG Tampa Bay (for the region’s in-house, corporate recruiters).